Saturday, June 27, 2009

One month

I'm coming up on the end of my first month here in Europe. It's been an amazing month as long as I have let it be. There were some very hard times in the month, but they've caused me to grow, and to learn. I'm speaking a little more french now. Mind you, when I say little I really mean a tiny tiny bit, but its nice. I went to a café a few days ago and had a guy forcing me to speak in french, it was frustrating and refreshing at the same time. he taught me a few things though, so I'm grateful. His name was Pierre. It seems that Europeans take languages so much more seriously than Americans. they take upwards of 6 years of a single language, and take three or four languages a year during school. That is insane to me.

Last night was my friend Rosina's going away party. She's going home to England on Wednesday. She's been here for about a year, so a bunch of her friends got together and threw her a surprise party. It was a lot of fun: Plenty of food, bad Karaoke, small children everywhere, and great conversation. Probably the craziest thing was that the party lasted for 7 hours. we started around 7PM and didn't leave until 2AM. The french really know how to party haha.

This weekend is a big baptism celebration for Café Life. I think there are 3 or 4 people getting baptized. It's cool to see baptisms and remember mine. I can't believe that was 6 years ago. Time flies.

No comments: