Wednesday, June 24, 2009

World Traveler

This past weekend I went to Geneva Switzerland. It was really good. I went to Sébastien's parents house. They live right on the France/Switzerland border. Right in between the Alps and the Jura Mountain Ranges. I got to see the tallest mountain in Europe, The Mont Blanc. That was pretty amazing because it was covered by clouds till just before I left.

The weekend was pretty awesome (my weekends are sunday/monday). Séb's parents are really awesome people. His dad has lived all over the world, and his grandfather started a seminary in Brussels Belgium. His mom grew up in France. They were wonderfully hospitable people, and their house was very comfortable. I had more amazing food. Wild boar (like it was actually hunted and skinned by people that the family knows) soaked in a red wine sauce, and lots of homemade bread with Cherry Jam made from cherries from the tree in their back yard that hasn't borne fruit for at least 8 years. Best Cherries I've ever had.

I spent a few hours in Geneva on monday. I got to see Saint Pierre Cathedral, where the Reformation really began to take off. It was crazy to go in that building and think that people have been worshipping God there for centuries. Then we went back to the Winstons and I got to hang out with them, and have some really good conversations. I also got to take a Jacuzzi bath which was awesome.

Graham gets back tomorrow, which I am pretty excited about, I may get to go with him to Ireland, but I need to find a way to get some more money first. I only have 140 Euros left, and the ticket will cost up to 150, but I believe God will provide!

No comments: