Monday, June 1, 2009

Time Travel is Real

When you fly across the Atlantic Ocean at night, you fly directly into the sunrise. It's pretty awesome. I've enjoyed watching the sun rise a few times this past year, but seeing it at 30,000 feet moving at hundreds of miles an hour is amazing.

So I had an epiphany on my flight to heathrow. I realized that I can really become whoever I want to become while I'm over here. The only person who knows me is going to be in New England June 4-23. My selfishness raised it's head pretty ugly, but then I realized, this trip really has little to do with me, and everything to do with Jesus. I wouldn't be going if it weren't for him. He's going to bring me to places I've never been, both inside and out, and I want to keep being the man he's been building into me.

Traveling seems exciting, but I'm already getting the vibe that I don't like traveling alone. It's boring. I didn't sleep at all on the 6 hour flight to London, but I got seated next to two french girls who seemed to be more annoyed by my simple presence than anything else. they definitely didn't want to talk to me.

my eyes are getting tired of the screen...
more from France

<3

P.S. Johnny Cash is awesome

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey Chris

I guess your father is getting up with the times. I now have a "google account".

Glad to hear you are safe and sound! I look forward to reading each and everyone of your blogs.

Love

Dad