Monday, June 8, 2009

Play some Catch up

So a week has gone by. It’s been a good week. Saturday we had worship in the Café and I played the Djembe, really wasn’t expecting that, but It was nice considering I couldn’t really sing any of the songs. After worship I got to call my Mom and Ken. That was cool. It was definitely nice to hear them and to hear about what’s going on at home. Saturday nights here are going to be a time for me to really be connected with everyone states side. worship ends around 10 and they stay at the Café till around 11. so between 4 and 5 PM Eastern Standard Time I will be on skype calling people,

sunday was originally going to be a day for me to just spend by myself, but the Peigné family invited me over to their relatives house for the day. It was probably the most restful day I’ve had since being here.

They gave us a tour of their home (the peigné’s hadn’t been there in a while) They were doing a bunch of renovations, but the house was beautiful. the next batch of pictures on facebook are going to be from their home, and the drive to and from there. here's my favorite
after the tour We had a 5 course meal that lasted roughly 3 hours. I can’t say I’ve ever experienced that. Here are the 5 courses

snacks (watermelon, peanuts, wine, sausage)
Salad and vegetables
Chicken and rice
Cheese and wine
Dessert (strawberries, whipped Cream, and Ice cream)

It was cool to just listen, slow down, and enjoy the food. The Husband (Monsieur Richard) is a bit of a Whiskey connoisseur so he let me try a few different whiskeys that are roughly 50-70 dollars a bottle. I got a list of them for when I’m back in the states.
After that the kids and I (every one else was 16 or younger) watched a couple movies, the first was a film that one of the girls named Helene made. It was crazy and quirky, but well done for a 16 year old. After that we watched Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. They were nice to me and watched it with french subtitles and English Audio. I tried to get them to do it the other way, but they insisted. I guess it’s very important to them to learn english. Mr Richard asked me if I knew anyone who would take Helene in for a month to help her learn english. She knows some, and can carry on a conversation with some help, so if you’re interested let me know!

I’m reading the Bible every day now. Right now I’m reading through Luke and It’s really been sustenance for me. I’ve also been reading the Pilgrim’s progress, and while I don’t necessarily agree with all of Bunyan’s theology its been encouraging to see the parallels of my own Christian walk in the book.

Keep Praying for me. Sundays and Mondays are going to be really really slow days as compared to the rest of the week, which is just really slow haha. Ken was right when he told me that being a busy yankee, it would take some adjusting to French Culture.

I miss you all. Please, If you want to tell me stories about what’s going on over there please E-mail me!

myselfgone@gmail.com

Also if you want to skype my handle is myselfgone. It’s free if you use the internet service, but if you don’t have a webcam or microphone send me your land line and I’ll be happy to call you. As far as I know Skype can’t call cell phones though

bonsoir mes amis

No comments: