Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive haha

Last night I got back from a holiday weekend with the Peigné Family. The house we were at didn't have internet, so no blogging. I haven't not had internet for four days since I was like 14. It was good. I spent a lot of time outside. went for a couple hikes, read a lot (Josh, I finished the Breviary you gave. The last two chapters were the best), and wrote a few songs.

We went to a small town a couple of hours away from Marseilles called Chantillon. It was right by a small river called the Bez. The first day I was there I went under the bridge and just sat in the quiet with my feet in the water. awesome.

The next day we went to a nearby lake and had a picnic. cool stuff, super nice weather, even better food.

Saint etienne is not a big city, but there is plenty of light pollution, so no stars. Chantillon has a few streetlights, but not many, so sunday night I opened up my window to get some air and looked up, Bam. I was mesmerized, so I went outside to do some stargazing. I then realized that it was absurdly late. so I went back inside, but in trying to lock the door I got Mr Peigné's attention and he showed me what to do. (still don't know why he was sitting in the kitchen). I then remmembered the advice I had gotten from Cam again "do thing's you wouldn't ussually do" So I went back outside and walked around town for a while. There was a carnival type thing going on so I walked up to it and looked around. It was ok. Kind of trashy, way too much alcohol, so I walked back to where we were staying and went down on the edge of the Bez and started to just throw Rocks in the water and talk to God. It was refreshing and peaceful, and the stars were beautiful. Around 12:30 I went back up to the house and tried to open the door. It was locked.

I first considered sleeping behind the Peigné's van so I wouldn't have to disturb them, but then I realized that I was in France and didn't speak french, so If I got approached by the Police I'd be pretty screwed. So for the next hour or so I banged on the door and threw Rocks at windows, until Mrs P finally came down and unlocked the door. I went to bed laughing at how ridiculous the experience was. trials aren't all bad. The little ones can actually be quite humourous.

The next day we went up to a small waterfall and hung out for a while. It was really hot so to sit in the shade and enjoy the waterfall was super cool. That night I got invited to go on a long hike with Mr P the next day, so I decided I would.

Epic Hike. ended up being roughly 1000ft up, and it spanned over 4 hours. I didn't sleep well the night before so I quite literally hiked for as many hours as I slept. ok so this is crazy. an 83 year old woman came with us, and she could probably outhike me.

There was a lot of good times. these are highlights. Everything I talked about in the last blog has only been more confirmed.

2 weeks.

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was mightily amused by the story of your midnight wanderings and getting locked out of the house. i imagine it wasn't so amusing at the time, but it certainly makes a great story in retrospect.