Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bucket

My friend mike posted a "bucket list" note on facebook, and it got me thinking a lot about things. I don't really believe in trying to act as though you only have one year to live. Some of the best things in life come to you, and shouldn't be rushed, but the concept, coupled with my experience here in France, has stirred something in me. God is much less likely to give us what we want if we don't ask (either that, or we won't have eyes to see it because we don't know its what we want). So I've decided to make a bucket list of sorts. not because I see some impending doom on the horizon, but because I want to set my desires before God so that I see clearly what it is I want, and so that I can rejoice when each thing comes to pass. I'm probably not going to make the list completely public because "... when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you" (Matthew 6:6), but I may share a few as I see opportunites arise.

just kind of encouraging you to do the same. maybe? and if you already have, sweet!

No comments: